Thursday, May 24, 2012

Nami is Home!!!

After 20 days, Nami has been caught!!! She is safe and back home with her human parents!
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
Val: Dear shibaholics and their shibas!!! Thank you all so so much for being a part of the operation BringNamiHome! It is a success! Nami is finally home with us after 20 days on the run! She looks quite good and is not even that skinny. She is really tired and fell asleep right away.

She recognized us and jumped on us from behind out of the abandoned house's backyard. All I can remember is that we held onto her really tight and were afraid to let her go even with the harness on.

This happy ending would not have happened without all of you! Thanks for keeping our spirits up and for the great advice, as well as help of all local and not so local shiba friends!

We are forever grateful!
 -------------------------------------------------------------------
Cathy: Ayumi amd I met up with 2 other friends of Val's............we were walking on one side of the street and all of a sudden, a lady yells out to us.........."There goes your dog!!!"................we chased her into a yard, I called Val, who came running to where we were..............Nami would not come out......Val ran around the block to the other side of the yards..............Nami ran up to her when she called her name!!!!!!!!!!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Nami has a Vet visit today and a bath scheduled. We'll keep everyone updated!

4 comments:

  1. I am tearing up at my desk right now. I have been checking your blog every day and praying that you get your baby back.

    My little shiba got loose for about ten minutes in brooklyn recently and i almost had a full on heart attack. it still scares me to think about it.

    Im so happy to hear that Nami is in good health. im sure she had quite the little adventure.

    So happy for you.

    Love,

    Melanie and Pita, Brooklyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been following Nami's escape. I am so thankful she is home! Yay!!!

    Carol Patton (a Shibaholic)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear this! we've been following from Las Vegas & hoping for good news every day!

    Shana & Carini

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've also been following this story from the forum, and then I found my way to your blog. I'm so happy that Nami was found. We just brought our first dog, Shiba Maggie, home yesterday and I know that no matter what, I will always do whatever it takes to take care of her also - even if it means searching for weeks to find her. Your strength is inspiring and I'm so happy for this beautiful ending!

    ReplyDelete